Although last year he did give in once during one episode in which I was particularly insistent. He was in the midst of denying it....just as a scene came on where two people followed a string of clothes to a clearing in the woods....where the entire town was having sex with each other! He kind of shrugged his shoulders and I just looked at him and said....PORN!!!!
Everything about True Blood is so gratuitous and titillating. From the sex, to the violence, it's all graphic and visceral and way overdone. Vampires don't just have sex, they do it super speed, with everything pulsating and gyrating all over the place. They don't just get staked and turn into dust, they dissolve into spongy, sticky messes of bloods and guts, spraying everyone in the vicinity. And when they feel like taking out a human, it's not just a nip to the throat, it's limbs being ripped off and torn to shreds. Shock value to the extreme! Last year one of the major plot threads was an evil goddess type figure whose major power was hypnotizing people to have sex with each other in public...yeah...I'm not sure you can even get more porn than that.
Here are a few things that happened on Sunday's third season premiere, further building on my theory.
1) Eric having sex (at super speed naturally) with a human who was strung up by ropes - compete with a full frontal shot of her splayed form.
2) Eric then bragging to Sookie about the fact that this sex had been going on for six hours - suggestively asking her if Bill had less stamina.
3) Jason getting a blow job from a woman - followed by a detailed conversation about how soft his member was and how long she'd been trying to get it cooperate.
4) A second girl coming into Jason's room and complaining that Hoyt was so depressed he "didn't even want to watch her play with herself."
5) Jason suggesting that since he couldn't get it up, the girls should just mess around with each other instead - and them actually doing it!
6) Finally - and this one is my favourite - Sam having a dream which consisted of Bill showing up shirtless at his cabin, asking Sam to take off his shirt and give it to him, then getting all up into his personal space and saying he wanted to take a shower, while looking Sam up and down all suggestively. He asks Sam if he wants to join him and Sam's all like "yeah I think I do". And just as they were clearly about to make-out, Sam wakes up.
I mean COME ON! My boyfriend claims Sam's dream was because he ingested a lot of Bill's blood last year and anyone who ingests a vampire's blood has a sexual connection to them, resulting in weird dreams (like Sookie with Eric last year). Okay, fine, but it's still just a thinly veiled excuse for pointless homo-eroticism. And don't get me wrong, I'd get on board the Sam and Bill sex train (well maybe Sam and Eric, Bill's a little bland for my taste) but it's still really PORNY!
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with porn, but just because you mask it with shallow characterization, weak plot lines, give it a supernatural theme and call it a television show, doesn't make it any less PORN!